SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello,

Newbie here. Just this morning when starting car, the idle was extremely rough and fluctuated up and down and close to stalling. I opened hood and noticed a hose that was disconnected and sucking air. THe hose has "DOT TELEFLX - SPAIN" printed on it and looks to say 6mm. THe car then did stall and now has the Check engine light on and won't restart. I could tape up the hose and get it started. THere is a round cylinder plastic piece with "260106" on it that is broken.

DOes anyone know how I can find this piece or know what it's for?

I'm guessing a PCV Check Valve....

THanks in advance for any thoughts.

·
Super Moderator
9,678 Posts
Welcome to SC..

there are numerous pipes,a pic would make diagnosis quicker.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OK, Here are some pics

Thanks, the forum is incredible! Thanks to everyone that contributes. I will do best to be a good member!

Again, trying to confirm what part I'm dealing with. I have a 2007 9-3 Conv.

Sorry, I knew i should include pictures. I've attached 3 pics.

1 - Shows the break/disconnect I saw right away
2 - I pulled up half the line just to be able to see the hose. It is form fitted.
3 - Up close to the Valve. I'm assuming this is the Vacuum Check Valve. You'll see the nipple on one side it what broke off. The hose has the broken pieces in it.

I crudely put red circles around the parts.

I am pretty handy but I'm not crazy about yanking on hoses that will be under pressure later. I would like to be sure I indentify the part correctly to buy and or have someone install. The other ends are not obvious as to how to disconnect.

Thanks again

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks AeroJon!

Is it safe to temporarily "mend" and drive to a shop 20 miles?

Also, my check engine light has since come on. Would this throw an error?

My local deal quoted part number 12766023 for around $50 USD, does that sound right?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts