SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good afternoon,
I recently bought a 06 9-7x with the 5.3i and I'm in the process of replacing the air springs as one had collapsed. I managed to remove the driver side one with wiggling and install the new spring but on the passenger side I can't get the spring to even budge back and for to twist the locking tabs out. Any ideas? The car has a decent amount of rust but not horrible and I believe that it is the root of the problem. I can twist the spring but I am limited by the flex of the rubber membrane as the lower portion just fell out from it being mangled. Any ideas?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Good afternoon,
I recently bought a 06 9-7x with the 5.3i and I'm in the process of replacing the air springs as one had collapsed. I managed to remove the driver side one with wiggling and install the new spring but on the passenger side I can't get the spring to even budge back and for to twist the locking tabs out. Any ideas? The car has a decent amount of rust but not horrible and I believe that it is the root of the problem. I can twist the spring but I am limited by the flex of the rubber membrane as the lower portion just fell out from it being mangled. Any ideas?
Are you aware of the lock tab that needs to be depressed on the top?
Little plastic thingamabobby that you should be able to see on the replacement.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I ended up getting them off a few days ago. my problem where a few rust flakes and dirt had made their way into the locking tabs jamming them in place. I just wiggled the shocks back and forth and used WD40 to loosen the jammed dirt. The locking tabs were also a bear to deal with but I got them cleaned and depressed. Thanks for the response Roh

1 - 3 of 3 Posts