SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I am having a problem that I am stuck on and I am really hoping you guys can help me solve. I have an 04 9-3 that has locked itself and now the key fob or the manual key won't unlock it. Before this incident I have been having a problem where the car would continually try to unlock itself. I took my key fob apart and found that most of the buttons were broken, so I have replaced those and the battery in the fob is new. The problem has seemingly gone away until this most recent problem. I have taken the center grill out and got the hood open to see if a dead battery is causing the problem, however when I opened the hood the alarm went off and the battery is not dead. I have no idea what could be causing this and I don't know what else I could check for or try to open the car. Thank you for the help.

·
Registered
5,461 Posts
I am assuming you only have the one fob/key? Once you figure out the issue you need to get a second fob programmed along with a known working hard key.

Sounds like you need a locksmith...

·
Registered
295 Posts
What model and year do you have?

Don't the CV's have some sort of additional security features that cause the car to lock or unlock based on the window position and soft-top position?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes I only have the one key, and I am definitely getting a second one as soon as possible. my car is a 2004 liner, and it is not a convertible.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts