SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So i'm able to "remove" any modules from add/remove screen, but if i go to add any one of them i get this error message:

No comm or lost comm with ecu
Adderm, c, line 1262

I already have security access from the laptop, so i know that's not the issue.

Any ideas would be appreciated
Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
19,646 Posts
What precipitated you getting a tech2? Did you replace something recently (like the ECU)?

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I need to replace the parameters for ECM, ABS, BCM, and a few other modules due to the transmission change in my Turbo-X.

ECU has not been physically changed, nor any other electrical component. They just need to be "re-added" or modified.

It's weird, as it worked a few months ago when i used it for NAV unit and other stuff.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
I wouldn't be using "remove" for modules. You only need that for older 9-5s and 9-3s before 2003. What I have read is that you need to just add.

Also, my candi will come up with random errors like you are having that but once I restart the Tech 2 (clone) everything works again.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've tried rebooting it number of times and still no go..

I will try again in a few days, we are expecting a baby soon so no time to play with the Saab :)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi.

I have quite the same problem with 9-3 2.0 2005.
When adding any control module I got error like this:
"
MIU Main Instrument Unit
Negative Response: 7F 27 36
Security Access 02
scode.c, line 2579
"
I've tested it on CIM, MIU, BCM and PDM, only line number change.
Tested on TIS2000 and globalTIS with software 148

Does anyone have advice how to solve it?

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
19,646 Posts
Hi.

"
MIU Main Instrument Unit
Security Access 02
scode.c, line 2579
"

Has the tech2 ever worked? Have you updated modules vis SPS? Same goes for you Slobo. Did either of you attempt to use the SPS on the tech2 (F1 on the main menu)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Has the tech2 ever worked? Have you updated modules vis SPS? Same goes for you Slobo. Did either of you attempt to use the SPS on the tech2 (F1 on the main menu)
Sure, I works. I can add key, modules, do SPS.
Last time I added and do SPS of CIM few days ago on 9-3 2008.

·
Super Moderator
19,646 Posts
Sure, I works. I can add key, modules, do SPS.
Last time I added and do SPS of CIM few days ago on 9-3 2008.
I think the SPS function on the tech2 is broken. I have read before that unless you use the tech2 as a passthrough and use the SPS function through TIS2000 or global TIS software it can corrupt modules. I think that is what happened here. I have no idea how you fix this. Well, you could replace the corrupted module I guess. Replacing a CIM isn't cheap though.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Are you getting any DTCs when you scan for codes?

If it shows that modules are not there, I would check the fuses. For MIU, it would be a 10amp fuse (#4) behind the driver's door (left of the instrument cluster)

·
Registered
20 Posts
I think the SPS function on the tech2 is broken. I have read before that unless you use the tech2 as a passthrough and use the SPS function through TIS2000 or global TIS software it can corrupt modules. I think that is what happened here. I have no idea how you fix this. Well, you could replace the corrupted module I guess. Replacing a CIM isn't cheap though.
Might be that you are right, but it should not be case this time.
I have not do any SPS on this car. Just only want to replace CIM - all key lost.
I've rewrited cardy few time directly via PCMCIA port also.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Are you getting any DTCs when you scan for codes?

If it shows that modules are not there, I would check the fuses. For MIU, it would be a 10amp fuse (#4) behind the driver's door (left of the instrument cluster)
Unfortunately i did not check a DTCs on the car. When I arrived battery was completely drained.
I've check ECU info and BUS config, looks like all modules are where they should be.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I got mine to finally work, my big interior wiring harness connector was not seated properly so it would not ready any modules at all. I noticed there was no ding when door was open as well.

Good luck to you, hope it works out.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi.

"
MIU Main Instrument Unit
Security Access 02
scode.c, line 2579
"

Still no progress, I have no idea whats going on.
I've done a few tests today with GlobalTIS and software 146 from it.

It was possible to do: SPS of ECM, add ECM, SPS of BCM, add SLC, remove DDM, add DDM, remove PDM.
not possible to: add CIM, remove MIU, add MIU, add BCM, add PDM

any suggestions? :)

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
What does it say for security access level? For example when you request security access in TIS2000 the confirmation at the end will say security access level 1. GlobalTIS should do something similar.

I'd said above that your error says "Security Access 02." I don't know if that means level 2 but check your confirmation at the end of the request for security access.

Below is a link to another forum that provides some insight:

http://mhhauto.com/Thread-Security-Access-Type-2-or-3

Post 7

1 - 20 of 29 Posts