SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Members of the SAAB Club of Canada along with fellow SAAB owners and enthusiasts will be hosting the first ever Canadian SAAB Owner's Convention on June 28 & 29, 2014 in Toronto, Canada at the Westin Bristol Place Hotel. This event has long been awaited by many SAAB lovers all over Canada, and now it is finally confirmed.

More information can be found at www.saabconvention.ca regarding events, accommodations, ticket prices, etc. and will be updated periodically.

I have attached the press release below as well. This is going to be a fantastic event. Please join us in a celebration to show our passion and support for this iconic brand!

Sincerely,

Saxel Nouth

Co-Event Coordinator

February 3, 2014

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Announcing the first ever Canadian SAAB Owner’s Convention 2014 to take place in Toronto, Canada!

Are you a SAAB owner and are planning to take some time off on the 2014 Canada Day long weekend? Members of the SAAB Club of Canada along with fellow SAAB enthusiasts are excited to officially announce Canada’s first ever SAAB Owner’s Convention to take place on June 28th and 29th of 2014 in Toronto, Ontario at The Westin Bristol Place Hotel.

There has been much discussion over the years to finally host an epic event such as this in Canada. After listening to many enthusiasts, we realized that the time is right in 2014 to realize this vision. Whether you have a cherished classic, a perfectly polished 9000 Aero, a lightning fast Viggen, a Turbo X,
9-3 Sportcombi, NG 9-5, or anything in between, this convention is for all!

We have something planned for everyone – place your car in the People’s Choice or Concourse Show Fields, listen to one of the many tech sessions planned including discussing Vintage SAAB Performance, discussing early SAAB rallying, SAAB tuning seminar, Ask A Mechanic, and much more!

A dyno will be on site for those of you who have made mods and want to measure your horsepower on site at this event. We will have a parts tent brought to us by our many vendors and sponsors as well as a swap meet for those who wish to sell parts individually.

Adding to the excitement is an Advanced Driving Academy which will be offered as an option to registered participants at Shannonville Racetrack on July 2, 2014.

There will also be a special presentation with updates on parts availability and service points. Don’t miss the chance to learn about the viability of keeping your SAAB on the road. The culminating night of festivities is the Awards Banquet with live music, and special guests.

Make plans to head for Toronto in 2014 to reunite with your old SAAB friends and make new ones! Keep checking back with www.saabconvention.ca for more details, event schedule, sponsor information, event registration and hotel accommodation information.

This will be a historic event! Be part of something new……..

CANADIAN SAAB OWNERS CONVENTION 2014!

·
Registered
964 Posts
:p:p I'm so glad we can finally announce this!!

This has been a long awaited event for many, and its finally going to happen!
A lot of effort and commitment has been put into this from a great group of people, and the reward for everyone involved is going to be you guys turning up and supporting fellow enthusiasts and others in the Saab community.

Hope to see as many of you guys and gals as possible turn up! ;ol;

·
Registered
22 Posts
Very excited for this...finally realizing what people have been asking for and after all this time, it's finally happening!

·
Registered
152 Posts
I'm also really looking forward to this, and have been letting all my Niagara area Saab friends know. Big thanks in advance to all those helping to put this together for us!

·
Registered
279 Posts
Although me owning a Saab when this happens may be questionable, I will be there without a doubt! Very excited!

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
So much time and hard work has been invested into this event it's unreal! This WILL be THE event all SAAB owners MUST attend! When was the last time you had the offer to learn performance driving techniques, take your car on a track, learn more about the parts/availability for your SAAB, learn what's really happening with SAAB as a brand and meet the people in the industry so you get the REAL info in REAL time, AND the ability to buy/swap parts, all in the same weekend while enjoying the company of many other SAAB enthusiasts/owners, just like you?! This is an opportunity that really only comes once in a lifetime. Nobody should miss it, even if they drive an AMC Pacer, or they'll be thinking "Maaaaan, I really should have gone to that event". So put it on your bucket short list and just come from afar or from a-close. I'm so excited that I might sleep in my car in the venue parking lot the night before so I can say I was there first!

·
Registered
964 Posts
So you know you guys in the U.S are welcome too right? In fact, now that we have a major sponsor like Saab parts North America we'd expect to see some of you show up at least..:D

The next 4 months are gonna fly by and before you know it it will be a happening thing!

·
Registered
22 Posts
does anyone know how many tickets sold for this event? How many cars will be presented on event?
20% sold. Limit of 300 cars. Jon Williams is driving up from the States. Spoke with him and apparently there is a lot of east coasters expressing interest to come to Toronto rather than driving 2 days to Oregon. There will be a couple of special guests...will be announced soon. Will be posting updates throughout the day today on Central along with new sponsors and seminar schedule.

This is the first event like this in Canada, much buzz and excitement. CP24 is schedule to come in on Sunday to cover a portion of it.

Current sponsors:

SAAB Parts North America
Factory Tire
SAAB of London
STAGE 9
Hot Rod Scott's
NovusTech
OnPoint Dyno

Few others to be announced this week...

1 - 20 of 46 Posts