SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, Does anyone know weather you can put a 9-3 rear muffler (part #32019390 - see screen shot) on a NG 900 SE Turbo?

I assume that only the hanger brackets and pipe flange would have to match.

I'm having trouble finding anyone that sells an OEM rear muffler for the 1994-1997 900.

·
Registered
17,377 Posts
It will definitely fit and bolt up. The only question I would have is whether the tailpipe is in the same location horizontally. I think it moved a little for the 9-3 but I'm not sure. I know the 9-3 had a slightly longer tailpipe (to clear the bumper), so if you get one with tip welded on, it will stick out a little further past the bumper than the original.

Anyone know about the horizontal position?

·
Registered
9,467 Posts
The horizontal position is a little different. I had a Remus muffler that was made for the 9-3 (not the Viggen Sport Exhaust) on my 1997 900, and I had to make up a new bracket to replace the one on the left rear of the car. I think it had to move the muffler over about an inch.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The horizontal position is a little different. I had a Remus muffler that was made for the 9-3 (not the Viggen Sport Exhaust) on my 1997 900, and I had to make up a new bracket to replace the one on the left rear of the car. I think it had to move the muffler over about an inch.
Thanks Jeremy. Good to know. Before I go for the 9-3 muffler and modified bracket, do you know anyone that's selling a bolt up aftermarket replacement rear muffler for the NG 900s?

·
Registered
9,467 Posts
RockAuto currently sells three different mufflers for the NG900. They have ones from Bosal, Ansa, and Walker.

·
Registered
17,377 Posts
RockAuto currently sells three different mufflers for the NG900. They have ones from Bosal, Ansa, and Walker.
Of course, when you get them, they'll probably be the same as the 9-3 system. I'd check the manufacturer's site and/or compare part #'s. If you can find a manufacturer at least appearing to make two different models, that'd be the choice.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks gents. I'm going to give the Walker from RockAuto a try. I'll get you know how it goes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts