SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are the ICM plug and play enough that you can swap out a ICM2 for a ICM1? There are a few threads of people ungrading from 1 to 2 but not the other way (downgrading).

My amp1 went bad awhile back and I bypassed the whole optical system and put in an aftermarket radio. Have all my turn signals, chimes, etc. working. So no real need for an ICM

I was jumping the car and may have accidentally blew the ICM unit. Chimes and everything still work, just a few select dashlights (mileage, ICM2 screen, ACC control) are VERY dim and my SID doesn't work. Occasionally when my cabin is really hot after sitting in a sunny parking lot everything works fine but go off again once i turn the car off. Signs of an electrical malfuntion.

When I pull the icm fuse (14 i think) all the dash lights that are out light back up (except for the SID and ICM2 screen of course) so I think i isolated it to the ICM2 unit being damaged.

Not really needing the ICM2 i thought I'd just buy a new ICM1 for much cheaper just so i get my dashlights back. very annoying that they are out.

BTW, battery resets won't work and its a brand new battery after jumping it. Exact same issues as this thread, http://www.saabcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=151020

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
it'll plug in and work just fine you just need tech2 to get it set up

1 - 2 of 2 Posts