SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
giving these saabs credit where credit is due, my car should have engine failure and died 3 times already by now, but instead,

so, sorry to say this, but.., the other day I was driving my car, I had a huge fit of rage, because it just kept backfiring when I pressed on the gas, which it has done forever, so instead of letting off, I got mad and downshifted 2 times the transmission didn't not know what to do,

immediately after that, the cars engine AND transmission started doing some very weird things
-engine started violently shaking,
-check engine light was flashing every second,
-transmission was in a strange place at 2700 rpm with no power, etc,

as I was pulling into the parking lot, these symptoms stopped, maybe only happened for around 3 minutes since I was close to home,
I shut it off, next day: started it up, drove it around a little... and to my surprise, the car actually drives BETTER now than it did before, boost comes on smoother, there is more torque and power, and the transmission shifts better?

so what happened, ? i'm just thankful for this car its gotten me out of some sticky messes, and keeps coming back stronger,

oddly enough the car has more torque now, and the turbo comes on way stronger in 1st + second gear, maybe it was in limp mode before? who tf knows, thanks for readin

·
Super Moderator
9,064 Posts
coil/s failing..can really say anymore as don't know what engine were dealing with,fill in profile with relevant info..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts