SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This display was having the typical pixelation issues last fall, when I got the car out this spring it had evolved to a big bright spot, I have another one that has similar spots here and there. I was going to send it in for repair but now wonder if it’s worth fixing.

Attachments

·
Registered
884 Posts
It's hard to tell from low res pics, but if the buttons and the housing are in good shape and scratch free, I would fix it. It's been a while since I repaired mine, but I am pretty sure the display ribbon used a standard connector vs the SID melt-to-attach style which made it much easier.

When you have it apart you can really clean it up as well. I used some of the mid-price range "plastic restore" products on most of the interior trim of my Viggen and it made a huge difference. We'll see how long it lasts, but the trim that was in good condition (no scratches) came out looking like new.

If you want to get crazy, you can even change color by swapping to LED bulbs. Green works really well but I went with blue . Blue is not nearly as bright as the green or the original orangish, but I went blue for the speedo cluster, sid and all the other button lights and don;t mind them being slightly dimmer. It's a vert and during the day I can;t really see the SID or ACC with the glare no matter what color they are.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts