SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I exchanged my old car for 04 95 Aero I bought. Only to discover that they gave me a poor offer since I now have seen what it is going for. Argh! Should have sold it private.

Now over to my real question:
Today I noticed my front tyres need to be replaced. No way this is down to me after owning the car for only 2 weeks. Should the dealer not have put on new tyres before handing it over? 04 95 Aero. They offered to replace the windscreen free of charge as there were some tiny scratches.

Should I go back to the dealer asking for some new tyres? They are not local to me so it would have to be done via my own local dealer.

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
ASCIO said:
Now over to my real question:
Today I noticed my front tyres need to be replaced. No way this is down to me after owning the car for only 2 weeks. Should the dealer not have put on new tyres before handing it over? 04 95 Aero.
As I understand it, a Saab Approved Used car has to be of MOT passing standard, regardless of whether the car requires one or not, so if you need tyres because they were that worn then yes, they should have fitted new ones.

If you need tyres because of damage, then they are likely to say no, as you would have to prove the damage was there before you bought the car.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I did 'check' the tyres when collecting the car but they looked OK. They always put this black finish on and make them look great. Nope, no damage or racing. I'll check with the local tyre garage just to be sure :lol: then if needed I'll hassle the Saab dealer :p

Thanks for your replies folks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts