SaabCentral Forums banner

Can the 2007 Blinker Sound be replaced with the Blinker Sound from a 2004? Both are Aero SS.

413 Views 7 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  OFFRAMP
Hello all,

I currently own both, a 2004 Aero SS from new, and a 2007 Aero SS.
The feature I really miss the most in the newer Saab, (from the older Saab) is the sweet tonality from the blinkers, and the like-aircraft-warning sound. The newer car blinker sound feels terribly cheap and awful.

So beyond putting my 2007 car for sale, is there any way to swap, or replace the 2004 blinker sound into the 2007 car?
And if this is possible, can anyone please tell me how to do so? Thank you!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
1,057 Posts
There certainly isn't an easy way, but I'm sure you could engineer something if you really, really wanted to. The entire audio system was overhauled with the 2007 cars.

I also own both a pre- and post-facelift car, and never noticed the difference. I'll have to pay closer attention now that you mentioned it. I do enjoy the tone of the sounds in my 2006 car, but didn't realise they changed in newer one.

· Registered
2004 | 9-3 Aero SS | 6-Speed Manual
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello, mstrjon32

I am sorry I missed your previous answer. I apologize.

Both of my cars have the regular look (no face-lift) The blinker sound (to me) in both cars, seems to be generated from behind the instrument cluster. Not from any stereo speaker or the audio system. Am I delusional or plain going deaf?

So it should be a matter of replacing/exchanging the actual turn signal / hazard light blinker if there's any such thing. As for the airline cabin "ding-dong" alert sound I believe you may be right. And sadly would agree this would be part of the newer audio sound system in the 2007 car model so it may be an altogether different matter.

However, can you or anyone please confirm if there is an actual turn signal / hazard light blinker sound emiting box behind the instrument panel, so I can delve in to that? Thank you and have a nice day!

· Registered
11,883 Posts
The interior layout was facelifted in 2007. The exterior in 2008.

The sound system produces the click noises, there is no clicker box. Because the sound system setup is totally different between the cars up to 2006, and then 2007 on, no it is not realistically feasible to swap things around between the two versions of the systems.

· Registered
15,472 Posts
You can swap whole dashboard inc ACC, audio etc. You also need to install O-bus and amplifiers.

· Registered
1,057 Posts
Well, I thought of this earlier today when I was driving my 2008. I pulled up the handbrake while the car was in motion and sure enough there was no delightful sound to remind me of a being on a flight to Stockholm on SAS. A disappointing omission on the later cars, indeed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts