SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I've had an itch to buy a saab 900 for awhile now. Unfortunately they usually cost quite a bit more than the book value here in Seattle. I was going to go check out somebody's car tomorrow. She says the clutch master cylinder and the alternator are out.

I was thinking about buying a project car for fun. Anyways I was wondering is it possible to determine if the transmission is still strong when the clutch master cylinder is out?

·
Registered
18,382 Posts
twist the key and drive it in first ;) Have fun stopping ;) I'd try to avoid power-shifting it, it's possible but if you aren't extremely familiar you'd likely put wear on the box

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
twist the key and drive it in first ;) Have fun stopping ;) I'd try to avoid power-shifting it, it's possible but if you aren't extremely familiar you'd likely put wear on the box
You can also do this in second gear. To avoid too much fun stopping just turn the ignition off when you've had enough.

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
Hello,

I've had an itch to buy a saab 900 for awhile now. Unfortunately they usually cost quite a bit more than the book value here in Seattle. I was going to go check out somebody's car tomorrow. She says the clutch master cylinder and the alternator are out.

I was thinking about buying a project car for fun. Anyways I was wondering is it possible to determine if the transmission is still strong when the clutch master cylinder is out?
Out of the car? might also want to check to see if it's a leaking clutch line. I picked up the 8v N/A here for $250 and drove it home after throwing in the line. BTW, Alternator issue is probably the brushes (regulator Assy). Also check to see if the line from the brake reservoir to the clutch master is leaking. A little troubleshooting now will put you in a better position to decide to buy. I am in Kent if you need a second eye.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts