SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There has the to be a disable button somewhere that stops the ACC system from activating evertime I start the car.. Anyone have an idea?

Thanks!

Pete

·
Registered
917 Posts
I found a way to do it by accident...I think if you change it to the settings you want, then hold the auto button, it will save it and always turn on with those settings.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Yes it can be. "The ACC control module can be programmed by the user, This means that manual settings can be programmed so that the ACC control module selects them after starting. Other functions that have not been selected manually when programming will be controlled automatically."

"Programming is carried out by pressing "fan up" and "ECON" simultaneously, Cancelling the programming is done by pressing "floor" and "electrically heated rear window" simultaneously, in both cases the selection is acknowledged by flashing of the background lighting. Programmed settings are activated only when the ignition has been switched off for more than four minutes. "

So to program the ACC to not function COMPLETELY, what you have to do is first turn on the system by pressing "AUTO", then select "ECON", then press "off". This sets the system to keep the A/C compressor off. Then with the system off, press "fan up" and "ECON" simutaneously, the background in the display screen will flash to confirm. Programming is now set so that the ACC will not function at all.

Another example, if you want the system to always start up in ECON, but automatic mode set at 20 degrees (ECON mode doesn't allow the A/C compressor to run, saves you gas): you'd first press "AUTO" to turn on the system, set the desired temperature, then press "ECON". Now that the ACC is set to how you'd like it to function when starting up, press "fan up" and "ECON" simutaneously, the background in the display screen will flash to confirm. Programming is now set so that the ACC is set to start at 20 degrees in ECON, automatic mode. This is what I set mine to in the winter.

For summer months when you might want A/C or for the A/C compressor to run, you'd first press "AUTO" to turn on the system then set the desired temperature. Pressing AUTO will always activate the A/C compressor. Now that the ACC is set to how you'd like it to function when starting up, press "fan up" and "ECON" simutaneously, the background in the display screen will flash to confirm. Programming is now set so that the ACC is set to start at whatever temperature you set in full Automatic mode.

Just remember:

AUTO = A/C compressor running
ECON = A/C compressor is OFF
Running with the A/C compressor will comsume a little bit more fuel, just a little.

Running with the A/C compressor will also help keep the interior windows demisted and clear in the winter (the heated air is dehumidified via the A/C evaporator core)

Manually pressing front windshield defrost button will automatically start the A/C compressor

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
You sure about that? Don't think so man, all cars have a way to disable the A/C compressor at all times at all temperatures, even automatic systems. Manual systems are easy enough to understand, look for the snowflake button, or A/C labeled button, or in the case of Ford's, move the selector to panel or floor. Automatic systems may be a bit more tricky, but it can be done, believe me

1 - 6 of 6 Posts