SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The pictures attached are my morning drive to school and my afternoon drive home. The pictures are screenshots (2 pics for each data sheet cause they got cut off). The pictures with the closed loop and 731 rpms are the morning drive. The pictures with open loop and 915 rpms are the afternoon drive home.

I have a Cel code p0171 for a lean condition

All input is much appreciated!!

Attachments

·
Registered
135 Posts
Your long term fuel trim is very high at 25%. That means the computer is making up for a lean condition by adding fuel to the original fuel map.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Your long term fuel trim is very high at 25%. That means the computer is making up for a lean condition by adding fuel to the original fuel map.
Where should i start? A lot of the things that are recommended to try for other cars don't apply to my saab.

·
Super Moderator
20,053 Posts
No codes? Clean MAF, check intercooler hose for cracks.

·
Super Moderator
20,053 Posts
Also, check for vacuum leaks, especially near the dipstick under the cover. Have you done any mods to your intake area?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Also, check for vacuum leaks, especially near the dipstick under the cover. Have you done any mods to your intake area?
Thanks btw for your continuing advice and quick responses, it's much appreciated!

I haven't modded the intake. I'm trying to compile my troubleshooting list. Looking for advice on anything that could be suspect. I am gonna get some more data from better software and ill report back with my findings.

·
Super Moderator
20,053 Posts
You're welcome. It could be a lot of things, I'm just going through the progression. Could also be an exhaust leak. Any strange noises under hood?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You're welcome. It could be a lot of things, I'm just going through the progression. Could also be an exhaust leak. Any strange noises under hood?
While driving i can notice a very subtle hiss that i have always thought was the a/c but it changes with acceleration. Should i be able to clearly hear my turbo? Sometimes when the turbo gauge is all the way (not in the red), i will hear the turbo hissing and then releasing the pressure. Also, i checked the hoses near the oil dipstick and sure enough there's a significant tear in the thin hose that's directly to the right of the oil dipstick. I'm waiting for the car to cool down to investigate further. Let me know what you guys think of this.

·
Super Moderator
20,053 Posts
While driving i can notice a very subtle hiss that i have always thought was the a/c but it changes with acceleration. Should i be able to clearly hear my turbo? Sometimes when the turbo gauge is all the way (not in the red), i will hear the turbo hissing and then releasing the pressure. Also, i checked the hoses near the oil dipstick and sure enough there's a significant tear in the thin hose that's directly to the right of the oil dipstick. I'm waiting for the car to cool down to investigate further. Let me know what you guys think of this.
Fix the tear. replace the hose. That's probably your issue.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts