SaabCentral Forums banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
never used it. i helped install the gmpp into a friends car that was running a stage 3 aggressive tune(no gear tq limiters) and it handled everything thrown at it, where his stock clutch would slip before grabbing.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
never used it. i helped install the gmpp into a friends car that was running a stage 3 aggressive tune(no gear tq limiters) and it handled everything thrown at it, where his stock clutch would slip before grabbing.
I see that you are parting out your cars.. I need an oil pan n mayb a doorcard blue interior, window regulator.. lmk wats up, if I can drive to you?

·
Registered
10 Posts
You were correct, thanks again guys, got the used 05 cim in my car it worked, good to go, saved over $1200 bucks and got two keys with my cim so just gota make one more key if anything... Now off to changing flywheel n clutch, converting car over to a single mass flywheel, with the Spec flywheel.. n now can use clutches for Chevy cobalt which are significantly cheaper then the Saab aftermarket clutches...
You were correct, thanks again guys, got the used 05 cim in my car it worked, good to go, saved over $1200 bucks and got two keys with my cim so just gota make one more key if anything... Now off to changing flywheel n clutch, converting car over to a single mass flywheel, with the Spec flywheel.. n now can use clutches for Chevy cobalt which are significantly cheaper then the Saab aftermarket clutches...
Rera0531 need help i lost all my keys for my 05 SAAB 9-3
I already install the used CIM to the car and tried to programmed using tech 2 but will not pass the security access and idont know why, any help will be appreciated!!! Thanks

·
Registered
10 Posts
Where you get security access?
Where you get security access?
MImmi between tech 2 and tis2000 after tis2000 will give you security acces you can program or add modules to the cars. My original CIM is not working at all so I bought a used one but I can't added to the car.

·
Registered
5,937 Posts
I know that, thank you.
If "new" CIM is "full" of keys (max 5 keys), it will not be married.
You need another CIM.

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
MImmi between tech 2 and tis2000 after tis2000 will give you security acces you can program or add modules to the cars. My original CIM is not working at all so I bought a used one but I can't added to the car.
Might be worth trying Globaltis also did you check the VIN number was correct from your car through security access?
I have seen fails when there have been mismatched VIN's eg from other modules previously added without Tech2.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Might be worth trying Globaltis also did you check the VIN number was correct from your car through security access?
I have seen fails when there have been mismatched VIN's eg from other modules previously added without Tech2.
I know that, thank you.
If "new" CIM is "full" of keys (max 5 keys), it will not be married.
You need another CIM.
According with tech 2 the new/used CIM has two working keys and give me the option to add a key, but I don't need to add a key i need to add a CIM .

·
Registered
10 Posts
Yes the VIN is correct I even double checked this when I was able to read the VIN for the 1st time. Let me look in to Globitis I haven't heard about this yet. I'll take all the help that I can get on this. Thanks

·
Registered
10 Posts
No I didn't the old CIM is junk one of the eprom' s is crak and I don't know why. Las night I was able to download GlobalTis to my Computer (pain in the ***) and giveme security acces to my tech 2. I'm going to try to play with the car today after work. I'll keep you posted.

·
Registered
279 Posts
You still have to remove the old CIM via TECH II before adding new one, even if the old CIM is no longer in the car.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I didn't removed the old CIM using Tech II, I was able to add the new CIM and now I have two new issues DTC's B3948 steering lock and B3922 stalk switch wiper front circuit. I can heard that clicking from the steering lock system and sounds like it's jam. I am going to take it apart and fix it when I get home today.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I didn't removed the old CIM using Tech II, I was able to add the new CIM and now I have two new issues DTC's B3948 steering lock and B3922 stalk switch wiper front circuit. I can heard that clicking from the steering lock system and sounds like it's jam. I am going to take it apart and fix it when I get home today.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Well the car is running now, I tried to add a key (Amazon key) and I can't ad the key so I don't know if the key will not work or what. I'm thinking about getting a OEM (SAAB) key. Any ideas?

·
Registered
279 Posts
"Carry out the 'Remove' action with Tech2 even if the control module cannot be contacted or is completely missing because data in other control modules must be changed."

Now you have other modules that don't know which CIM to talk to. Good luck.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Okcrum, it make sense I'm going to remove the module tomorrow, do i need to unplug the new one (used CIM) Or I can just leave it plug in to CIM ?

21 - 40 of 40 Posts