SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered a cim used the guy says it's for 2005+ only, not sure if he knows or he's just saying that.. I have an '04.. I'm hoping it's gona work..

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I got an item number for one I bought item Number 172030684515..but that may just be from eBay.. ima see

·
Registered
811 Posts
There are two different CIM part numbers -

http://www.eeuroparts.com/Parts/57334/Central-Integrated-Module-CIM-12805196/ - for 2003/2004 cars

http://www.eeuroparts.com/Parts/50053/Central-Integrated-Module-CIM-12847563/ - apparently works for all years

You'd have to find out the part number of the CIM on the car. This can be done with Tech2 - there is a screen with module information, showing part number, serial number, software version etc. although I'm not sure if the ignition needs to be turned on for this to work (I don't think it does, but I need to check).

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Whichever CIM you get you will need at least one key that has already been paired to it before you transplant unless you want to keep your own keys
by transplanting the tiny eeprom 93LC66B(info from mhh auto site) across from your existing vehicle.
Probably best to remove your CIM nd check the part number on the back first.

Tried to attach the part numbers listed in the EPC for a 2004 car below.
If you have both TCS/ESP then make sure you get one that has the angle sensor otherwise you will probably have to transplant your own.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
There's a way to check with the tech2 if my car only had let say two keys programmed to it.. can I still program another key, or I need atleast one original key to turn on car to use the tech2? Will it work without an original key? Is there a way? And if not I have to remove the steering wheel and change the cim.. anyway tricks to popping the spring off the airbag..I watched online to use a allan key but didn't get any specific size.. thanks... any tricks and tips I'd appreciate..

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cj I read that if only two keys have been programmed u can still program two more, I've been thinking if we try and program the replacement keys I'm getting to my existing cim, you think itd work? If they the right megahrtz or watevr.. I was hoping we can marry the used keys I'm getting without removing cim.. do you need one key for tech2 to be able to program additional keys ? Or can you just plug in tech2 with the non married key and then marry to existing cim.. thank you guys for reall

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
You need one key that has already been paired in order to add more keys...you cant get into the programming routine without an existing key
(makes sense as anyone with a Tech2 could nick your car if it didnt)
When Saab shipped replacement cims they came with a dummy shell key that had already been paired.(so you still had to buy more keys)
Keys can only be paired once (unlike the earlier non cim cars) and were never supposed to be reused.
Some clever folk can reuse the keys by replacing a tiny chip inside the key with skilfull soldering work...you will see these sometimes for sale as "virginised" keys.
There may or may not be a limit on the number of keys you can pair to the car.
So under no circumstances pair any more keys to your existing CIM.....they will be worthless if you change the CIM out.

You dont actually say why you are replacing the CIM? Why do you need to change it?

If it is because you have lost your keys,then there are places that can read the chip inside the CIM and then program some new keys for you.
This requries the cim to be removed from the car and sent away etc...it aint cheap to do either......

You may wish to consider the link below if indeed my guess is right...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Saab-93-9-3-Key-Fob-Programming-for-CIM-original-or-used-module-lost-keys-fob-/262219674788?hash=item3d0d82b4a4:g:7X0AAOSwdvpWETab

·
Registered
482 Posts
When I changed the CIM on my 2006 93ss (bad steering angle sensor) the new CIM came with no keys or fake keys or whatever. IIRC, when I programmed it with Tech2, it recognized that this was a new CIM that had never been used and it allowed me to add my old keys to it.

Otherwise agree complete, if you don't have a paired key you are out of luck trying to add a new key. Need a working key (or new CIM) to add a new key. Got my new CIM from eeuroparts, and price was very reasonable. Was actually the thing that made me go ahead and buy Tech2 since I could get new CIM and Tech2 for less then it would have cost me to have dealer replace CIM...

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes so I lost my key, hve the 9-3arc 04 5speed 2t h/o.. I didn't know bout the whole you can't only have one key deal.. so I didn't rush to get another, I had car since April.. have to some work to car.. but I ordered the wrong cim I believe cuz my car says I have ESP and the one I ordered is for TSC cars, so I'm hoping when I get it tomorrow that I'll get lucky n it'll work other wise I found another guy on eBay with one for me I ordered this one:

Attachments

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Ill keep you posted, still trying to take steering wheel off..it's being a pain I saw this video from saablostkeys YouTube video they use this bent hook allen key it looks like and they slide it into the holes on wheel.. I'm trying to use a regular Allen key to pull string down to get airbag off..it's not easy wheels locked..

·
Registered
486 Posts
i know a couple people in upstate ny area/kingston that have tech2s for hire.
if you bought a used cim it needs to have atleast one key that is already programmed for that cim, or its junk. it also can not have come from a car with air bag deployment, or its junk.
the air bag removal is cake and you'll fee silly once you figure it out, use the selfie camera on your cell phone so you can see what you're doing.
the cim question has been answered, basically anyways. you can use anyyear in the 03/04, but once you past 03/04 you can't go backwards.
i have a friend that has a couple cims that would work for you. i believe he's in the 150 price range.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ok so I'm going to order the right one, I messed up I ordered one from a 05 93.. should I even try it? Or its waste of time as I have to have tech come n program it I might as well only do it once..

·
Registered
486 Posts
it should work, aslong as you have one key for it. you can use newer ones on older models but not older cims on newer cars.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
it should work, aslong as you have one key for it. you can use newer ones on older models but not older cims on newer cars.
You were correct, thanks again guys, got the used 05 cim in my car it worked, good to go, saved over $1200 bucks and got two keys with my cim so just gota make one more key if anything... Now off to changing flywheel n clutch, converting car over to a single mass flywheel, with the Spec flywheel.. n now can use clutches for Chevy cobalt which are significantly cheaper then the Saab aftermarket clutches...

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
NY.. Hudson valley area.. if you need tech 2 programming hit up nitrous9200, he helped me marry my cim to car...thanks again bro

·
Registered
486 Posts
get the cobalt GMPP setup, you can get it from any gm dealership and it'll hold more than any 2.0 with the tdo4-14t can throw at it.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts