SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. My first posting, after reading for years. Thank you for all the help! I’m working on a Blown head gasket on 06 9-5 2.3T. Someone drive this one hard. Head is warped .017” end to end. Engine shop is saying it can’t be resurfaced because the camshaft bearing surfaces also show a wobble when they use a round straightedge. That it will cause camshaft to bind and uneven wear once re assembled. I’m interested in what you experts think?

·
Registered
9,208 Posts
A quick Google search makes it look like that's severe enough to be beyond the limit of what can be machined on most cars. I'd be inclined to just get a new cylinder head. I wouldn't be surprised if someone around here has a spare that they'd sell you, or junkyards should be able to sell you one. The basic head is the same from 1999-2008, and was also used on the 9-3 from 2000-2002, plus the 2003 convertible.

·
Registered
7,336 Posts
A used head shouldn't be too expensive.
I have a used one, took it off of my 2001 wagon (B235E) when it spun a rod bearing. Head was decked and tanked when I changed the head gasket on that engine a year or so before. Engine had about 130K on it when it died.

contact me via PM with your email and I can send photos. Includes cams, followers and valves already installed.

·
Registered
483 Posts
just a question for my future use - are all bits inside head interchangeable between 235E and 235R? Is the cylinder block the same as well? I ask as I am running an E but I have a spare R with forged pistons in it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts