SaabCentral Forums banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
sorry i ment resistance, but i will be sure to do this, and i will post back with my findings!!

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
ok heres the results on a needle type ohm meeter, i have 500ohm when cold and 510 when hot.

·
Registered
4,293 Posts
t_buck09 said:
ok heres the results on a needle type ohm meeter, i have 500ohm when cold and 510 when hot.
Hmmm, that is within the specified range. :confused:

It does not actually prove the sensor is good, but it's close. Too bad you can't read the fault codes.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
PMI said:
Hmmm, that is within the specified range. :confused:

It does not actually prove the sensor is good, but it's close. Too bad you can't read the fault codes.
yea i tried numerous places beides the stealership, cuz i dont wanna dish out 100 bucks to get a code read, but i wonder, could this be the cam position sensor? whats the specs on that one? and where is it

·
Registered
4,293 Posts
t_buck09 said:
...could this be the cam position sensor? whats the specs on that one? and where is it
on the other side of the engine, near the air intake. The symptoms could be similar.

You can't easily test it with a generic meter. The output is a 5V square wave.

Seems to require a Saab ISAT hand held tester, and a breakout box. You may have to find an independent Saab mechanic to help with that, I am out of ideas. Since I don't have that setup, I can only help you with the CPS.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
damn cuz i realy dont wanna replace a 70.00 part if i dont have to, i might just have to bite the bullet and pay 98.00 to have a saab dealer take a gander at it! i was hopen not to do that

21 - 26 of 26 Posts