SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1985 900T: was there something special about the exhaust systems sold in California?

I've seen several web pages selling parts that are supposed to be for California-only cars. Anyone have any insight? TIA.

·
Registered
7,035 Posts
california has very strict and unique emission standars, so some parts may be different to match certain requirement of california state law. i know this was true for my friend's 82' rabbit GTI.

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
woywitka said:
california has very strict and unique emission standars, so some parts may be different to match certain requirement of california state law. i know this was true for my friend's 82' rabbit GTI.
Yes, this is correct.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
The only thing different about some Saabs sold in California is the EGR valve on some specific models. EGR means "Exhaust Gas Recirculation." I've personally never seen it, because it was kinda rare. It's fitted under the throttle body IIRC. Otherwise, nothing special about Saabs in CA. My 8v is originally from the Midwest and my SPG is originally from New York. both are stock and have passed SMOG in CA.

Read this . . .

http://www.saabcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4031&highlight=exhaust+recirculation

1 - 4 of 4 Posts