SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
7,137 Posts
9-4x Muel Interior, not sure if its of any significance.. i dont think its been posted before cause i've never seen it when doing a search of the 9-4x before

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
boon94 said:
9-4x Muel Interior, not sure if its of any significance.. i dont think its been posted before cause i've never seen it when doing a search of the 9-4x before

looks like a poverty-spec trailblazer that's been hacked up well past the point of "kill me please", kinda like how the mule looks from the outside

I am just looking at the window and pillar lines on the BRX and I'm hoping that the 9-4x keeps the 9-3sc beltline and hockeystick rear window. I'll be pissed if it's just a BRX with less edges and a new front end and taillights, alot of what makes a saab look "saab" like is the side window, beltline and door treatment.

·
Registered
124 Posts
:roll: The new 9-4 is going to be the same as the new Saturn Outlook, Buick Enclave, GMC Acadia, which is not a bad thing. Those SUV's all look great and have reveived great reviews and are selling well. Are they Saab, no, but take a deep breath and get used to it. We are getting a new XWD 9-3 next year, and a XWD 9-5 a year or so after. Did you think we were getting 3 new models. Everyone *****es about GM and how they are ruining Saab. Take a look at the new GM models, you will find a great car in almost every segment. Stop *****ing and provide some feedback, better yet persuade your friends to test drive the new Saabs or other GM cars.

Here is list of great GM cars:

Suburban - Good enough for Presidents and Diplomats
Escalade - Standard issue for new ballin' $$$$
STS - Drive a new Cadilllac and tell me it's not nice
Saturn - Aura
Chevrolet - Malibu
Chevrolet - Silverado
Chevrolet - Tahoe - Hybrid - Yes Sir
Pontiac - Solstice
Pontiac - Torrent
Saab - 9-3
Saab - 9-5 A bit old but still Consumer Reports Best Buy
Corvette - Nuff said

·
Registered
7,137 Posts
Buddhabman said:
:roll: The new 9-4 is going to be the same as the new Saturn Outlook, Buick Enclave, GMC Acadia, which is not a bad thing. Those SUV's all look great and have reveived great reviews and are selling well.
Those SUV's do look amazing.. im not gunna lie. Especially the buick.

however, the saab better have a distinct belt line and rear window, and not look as bubbley as the other ones.

I read somewhere that the saab is supposed to look very distinct so that it wont be confused with its siblings

·
Premium Member
31,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
3,419 Posts
Buddhabman said:
Here is list of great GM cars:

Suburban - Good enough for Presidents and Diplomats
Escalade - Standard issue for new ballin' $$$$
STS - Drive a new Cadilllac and tell me it's not nice
Saturn - Aura
Chevrolet - Malibu WHAT?!
Chevrolet - Silverado
Chevrolet - Tahoe - Hybrid - Yes Sir
Pontiac - Solstice
Pontiac - Torrent
Saab - 9-3
Saab - 9-5 A bit old but still Consumer Reports Best Buy
Corvette - Nuff said
Sorry but NO!
the malibus are **** and have been **** since the 60's

·
Premium Member
31,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
TROLLhattenschatten said:
Sorry but NO!
the malibus are **** and have been **** since the 60's
The tide may finally be reversing. As an expert armchair automobile critique ;), all the recent spade of reviews I've read on the '08 Malibu appear to stack it equally if not superior to the Camry.

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
SaabKen said:
The tide may finally be reversing. As an expert armchair automobile critique ;), all the recent spade of reviews I've read on the '08 Malibu appear to stack it equally if not superior to the Camry.
I just love the "soon, there will be a car you can't ignore" ads, where the car getting made fun of in the ads is blatantly the 90's malibu.

·
Registered
3,419 Posts
...Is that suppost to be good?

they look like....they are awful!
my girls mother has one, and i just want to steal it and drive it into the lake so it can never be found again.

But it is a chevy...so it will last forever...

·
Registered
7,137 Posts
SaabKen said:
LOL how is beating a camry and sort of achievement. Drive one and you'll understand why im right

SaabKen said:
Definitely no worse than Camry/Accord/Altima

Seats are nice, im a sucker for two tone, but that colored dash plastic looks CHEEEAAAPP

·
Registered
3,419 Posts
Whats wrong with it?

The front looks like the off-spring of an armoured car, a camry and a cadilac.
the rear looks like an accord and a VW that was shaved off.
the inside is just god-awful - i hope they executed the man who designed that.

·
Premium Member
31,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yeah you're right, the competitiion looks waaaay better

TROLLhattenschatten said:
Whats wrong with it?

The front looks like the off-spring of an armoured car, a camry and a cadilac.
the rear looks like an accord and a VW that was shaved off.
the inside is just god-awful - i hope they executed the man who designed that.

·
Registered
3,419 Posts
Hey, i NEVER said that the other cars look better.

In fact i don't really think any new cars look good.
i wouldn't pay $xx,xxx for a new car i don't even like...
that goes for some SAABs too.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I know GM/SAAB said the 9-4x will be developed by SAAB from the ground up to be a SAAB, but I can't help but think we're just going to get a hacked-up, long-wheelbase Saturn Vue Redline... same interior pieces, same engine, etc. Not that that's a terribly bad thing (the Redline seems to be getting favourable reviews), but I'd like to see SAAB actually get to do what GM says they will -- make a SAAB. We all know how much of a hissyfit GM threw when SAAB designed the current-gen 9-3... "Never again," they said. :roll:

If only they'd given us the Lambda instead of the TE... le sigh.

And you fellas had better get used to the new 'Bu, because that's what the next 9-5 will be based on. While it will probably be longer/wider, get XWD, and be styled slightly differently (we hope), love it or hate it, the Epsilon II platform is here to stay.

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
SaabKen said:
Yep on that basis What Car? in the UK now rates the current Vauxhall/Opal Vectra as a better drive than the 93!
http://whatcar.com/car-review-full.aspx?RT=458
Ride & handling

The 9-3 is based on the same chassis as the latest Vauxhall Vectra, but doesn't ride with the same fluency. Poor body control means it never feels settled over patchy surfaces and it thumps too easily over sharp bumps. The 9-3 is competent, but dull steering and soggy handling mean the 9-3 isn't much fun to drive.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts