SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

For all I know they've all got electric seats.
I've found the seat in the 9-3 sit higher than the manual seats in my '98 900S convertible.

Is it because they're electric or because the seats are just thicker?

They are set all the way down.

·
Registered
7,941 Posts
Nope.
My friends have at least 4 NG 9-3 CVs that have manual seats.

·
Super Moderator
8,872 Posts
Even here in the uk electric seats in a vert are like hens teeth..

·
Registered
7,941 Posts
Do you often drive under low bridges?
CV and roof down, plenty of head room. :LOL:

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
My two cents here, I have a vert with electric seats and came to the conclusion the seat height limitations were driven by the design of the roll over safety systems. The seat heights can be awkward for some body sizes.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Do you often drive under low bridges?
CV and roof down, plenty of head room. :LOL:
Not so much but my head scraping the roof lining is annoying and the windshield frame cutting across my vision is more so.

There are many cars I simply can't drive.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My two cents here, I have a vert with electric seats and came to the conclusion the seat height limitations were driven by the design of the roll over safety systems. The seat heights can be awkward for some body sizes.
Do the electric seats sit higher than the manual ones do you know?

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Do the electric seats sit higher than the manual ones do you know?
I am not familiar with the manual seats. I know the seat height can be an issue for folks with a smaller body frame. One of my family members does not like to drive the convertible because the seat height issue. The highest setting still feels a bit low.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I have an ‘05 ARC CV with electric non-memory seats and an ‘09 Aero CV with electric memory seats. I’m 5’10’ but tall in the saddle with short legs so seated I’m like a six footer. The clearances and adjustments work for me and I like to ride as low as possible. I test drove an ‘06 Aero CV with electric memory seats and on the lowest setting they were a lot higher than the other two cars. My head was almost rubbing the headliner and I felt like my forehead was on the windshield header. I hated it.
Mark

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I’m 5’10’ but tall in the saddle with short legs so seated I’m like a six footer.
Mark
I'm like that too except I'm 6'3"
I couldn't buy a CJ5 because I was looking straight at the windshield frame and it was too wide to look above or below it.
I can't even get in some cars and I'm all scrunched up in my son's BMW E39.

I find the back rest on the electric memory seats in '04 9-3 to be the wrong shape.
They're designed to fit people with a much shorter back than me.
The headrest pokes me in the shoulder blades.
My '98 900S has much more comfortable seats, lower too.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts