SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, noticed that there is a cable hanging loose, precariously low to the ground, its situated at the back passenge side just in front of the back wheel. it seems to go to the back suspension but not so sure, i cannot push it back up to the underfloor so have put masking tape round it. anyone care to tell me what this cable is for, and how do i stick it back up?>

regards
Kris

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
d

its a black cable, with plastic round it, and one bit has black rubber on it, handbrake works fine, the cable goes to the rear suspension arm bit, am worried in case the cable wears out on the road and left with a big problem

·
Registered
7,975 Posts
will if it isnt the hand brake does your abs work or is the light on the dash on, cus i can think of any thing else down there so any chance of a picture ?

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

car runs fine, no lights on except 'check engine light' which has been there for ages

will post a pic after work it could be handbrake cable thinking about it as the end of the cable finishes at the offside back wheel on the suspension bit

·
Registered
60 Posts
This is your hand brake cable, mine hangs down exactly the same and my H brake works perfectly. I think there should be a plastic clip that holds it to one of the fuel tank retaining straps (there is a picture of this in the beginning of the Haynes manual). In my case, a PO removed the fuel tank to do the fuel pump and obviously broke the clip. One day I'll cable tie it back up again...

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks batako, i think you are right, although my fuel tank is on the other side of the car as its rhd

·
Registered
60 Posts
Yes, I have LHD, with my fuel filler cap is on the right, and the cable is hanging down by the left hand wheel, directly beneath the fuel tank. Are there left and right hand fuel tanks?

·
Registered
21,583 Posts
Jack her up and install one or more of the wonderful cable ties, these are used on the big bus parts to keep them as one piece; I have one to secure and seal a CV boot. Available at the HD electrics dept.

These plastic cable ties work well indeed..

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
batko you are spot on right!

thanks
will see about cable ties i have tried masking tape but it wont work

1 - 10 of 10 Posts