SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've gotten many things fixed on the car, but I'm working on the A/C now. The compressor won't engage, so the air is hot, but I think I have a good start on reading the forum.

I can't find a post about the vent positions. My fan works at all speeds. It works on the floor. It works on the windshield. It works in between.

But when you put it on the forward vent, it does that for a few seconds, then switches back to feet.

Any idea what this might be?

Thanks for the help everyone...

·
Registered
820 Posts
Fix compressor, then see if problem persists.

·
Registered
7,666 Posts
But when you put it on the forward vent, it does that for a few seconds, then switches back to feet.

Any idea what this might be?

Thanks for the help everyone...
Air drum servo motor misplaced, broken teeth or broken shaft.

·
Registered
67 Posts
The A/C blowing hot is one problem, hook a pressure gauge up to the low side and see if you just have a slight leak that lowered your charge below the minimum kick-on pressure. If it's too high, then you'll be looking at a larger leak, some have been overcharged, but if this just started and you haven't added any refrigerant, the system is probably full of air. You'll have to track down the leak, repair it, vacuum the system, and refill. You can test if the compressor is working by jumping the pressure switch, but I'd check the other stuff first.
The other problem seems to be the "mode" blend door actuator. It's basically a small box with a motor that opens and closes a flap in you vents, effectively changing where the air comes out. There might be one for "temperature" as well. So just be sure to get and replace the correct one. You should hear a tapping or clicking sound if the teeth are stripped, but you probably won't with a broken shaft, however, if the shaft is broken, then none of the positions would work and it would be stuck on whatever setting it was on when it happened.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So the air drum motor or blend door actuator...

Does anyone know what section of the Wis it would be in?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts