SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to change my cabin air filter myself. I found the thread on how to do it, but where do i get a new one? I just need a good source for parts for my '01 9-3

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
wow, that is a great site, just what i was looking for

I might as well change the filter,a new one is only around $30 it looks like.

Any reason to get the genueine saab filter over the other one?

Also, i see it shows how to change the filter in the FAQ, but how difficult is it to remove the wipers?

·
Registered
10,412 Posts
If you want to try washing the filter, then go with the Saab version. The material seems to be more durable then the aftermarket types, but Saab doesn't offer an activated charcoal filter, which I got.

Taking off the wipers is easy. Pop the caps off of the wiper arms, remove the single nut underneath, and wiggle the wiper arm off.

·
Premium Member
11,181 Posts
Pop the plastic covers if you still have them, to expose a single nut. 10 mm I think. Remove the nuts and pull off the wipers. You may find it easier to flip the wipers into the vertical position (they are hinged) to be able to rock them a little to loosen them from the splined shafts. The aftermarket (non-OEM) filter is fine. The retaining tabs on each end seem a little more brittle on the aftermarket, so you are advised to do this in warm weather to avoid breaking off the tab or to warm it up before installing it. I found this out the hard way and had to cobble up a fix using a ziptie.

·
Registered
7,876 Posts
vansamirin said:
I want to change my cabin air filter myself. I found the thread on how to do it, but where do i get a new one? I just need a good source for parts for my '01 9-3
On ebay. I go mine (original SAAB cabin filter in the SAAB box) from wjm72nova. He sells brand new genuine SAAB parts regularly and for cheap. Wait a couple of days until he puts some for sale :cool:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts