SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Those of you with the Linear should know that it does not come with the cabin air filter installed. The filter is only included in the Aero.

BUT the housing for the filter is installed on the Linear. Only the paper filter itself in missing. You can purchase the filter from the dealer for around $40 and install it yourself.

I found this to be a bit pricey, and the dealer filters are rated pretty poorly.

Here is what I did on my Linear:

I bought a top rated furnace filter (3M Filtrete Ultra 1250) from Home Depot for around $15.

These furnace filters are pretty large and you can cut 3 to 4 car sized filters from them, so the price per filter is around $4.29, much better than the $40 the dealer changes.

From the furnace filter I cut out an 8 1/4" x 7 1/5" piece and inserted it into the filter compartment.

To get to the filter compartment you have to take out the glove box, which is not difficult at all. Simply remove 9 screws and one plastic clip. After the glove box is removed you will see a white plastic cover over the filter compartment. Just pop out the cover and you will see an empty void where the filter should reside.

This mod (if you want to call it a mod) is pretty easy, plus you get an upgraded 3M filter which perfroms better than the stock filter.

Very nice for people with allergies :cheesy:

·
Registered
12 Posts
OMG this willb e my first actual mod....... :(

Ia ctually swapped my good cd player in the car, and lef tthe factory oen to continue beign brand new sealed away.

This is soemthign I was actually curious about, If I can steal my Camera from my GF I'll make a VFAQ for it.

Also my hesitation modding is on a two year bet that I wont' mod the car in anyway that affects performance wehter it makes it better or worse. I've had three cars that the only things that stayed stock were the dashes the gas tank and wiring harness.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts