SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking through the 2000 Saab 9 5 owners manual today looking for info on all the recommended maintenance intervals, and I noticed something ive never heard of before. There is Cabin air filter intervals at every 30000 miles, and right under that is "Cabin Air Absorptive Filter." Not only have i never heard of this but there is no info on google or anywhere else ive looked. It says to change it out at 60000 miles. Does anyone have a clue what this is?

·
Registered
376 Posts
In the beginning there were two separate filters.
Now most suppliers offer combined activated coal filters.
Therefore no need to change two filters.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Yep. They were referring to activated charcoal filters, which were somewhat of a rarity back then. Common today.
The "great new thing" are ion charged filters, but you hardly see them in anything but S class Benz's, Maybach's, RR, and the like.. pain to get access to.. kinda like the 9-5.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yep. They were referring to activated charcoal filters, which were somewhat of a rarity back then. Common today.
The "great new thing" are ion charged filters, but you hardly see them in anything but S class Benz's, Maybach's, RR, and the like.. pain to get access to.. kinda like the 9-5.
where do we get one of these ion charged filters my friend?

·
Registered
874 Posts
You can't. The one's I've installed have sensors and connectors.. they're only in very very high priced cars.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts