SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey does anyone know what the diameter and spline count of a c900 with an airbag is? I'm talking with the guys over at NRG to see if they have any hubs that fit it a c900 because they don't know the shaft specs.

Thanks!

·
Registered
4,720 Posts
While doable (and it has been done) it is problematic the replace the wheel since the horn rides the same clock spring wiring as the airbag, and passing that through to an aftermarket wheel is generally outside the scope of a hub adapter .

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
While doable (and it has been done) it is problematic the replace the wheel since the horn rides the same clock spring wiring as the airbag, and passing that through to an aftermarket wheel is generally outside the scope of a hub adapter .
No what I mean is the model years of c900 that had an airbag, I heard somewhere that they have a different spline count and diameter to ones that don't have it. The hub is for a wheel that only has a horn

·
Registered
4,720 Posts
Yes, I understand. Using a hub adapter on a steering column intended for an airbag wheel is problematic.

·
Registered
4,720 Posts
It isn't a matter of the physical fit... it's the electrical issue - connecting an aftermarket wheel to the factory clock spring so the horn works.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts