SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 20 of 271 Posts

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The c900 pictured here was purchased less than a year ago. Being a non-runner, the Saab arrived home on a trailer. After several weeks of laying idle, I cranked the engine long enough and managed to get the engine started without knowing the root cause for the mysterious start problems. The car ran fine if started up daily, but starting difficulties persisted if it left to idle. The Saab is a 16V NA, with Bosch LH 2.2 and EZK ignition.

Recently on a cold damp morning, I wasted one full charge on a good battery, cranking up the engine, but failing to get it started. Having 3 Saabs running on Lucas CU14 injection and conventional ignition, the decision was then made to transplant the CU14 injection and front wiring from a donor, including the LPT engine.

Following are some pictures of the car when it was purchased. More info as the project proceeds.

Lovely interior :

·
Registered
5,975 Posts
You've probably been asked before, but there seems to be alot of 4 door saloon c900 in Malaysia, is there any particular reason?

Looks very nice anyway, will be interesting to see it develope:D

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Si said:
You've probably been asked before, but there seems to be alot of 4 door saloon c900 in Malaysia, is there any particular reason?

Looks very nice anyway, will be interesting to see it develope:D
Yes, there are more 4 door saloon c900's in Malaysia. From the total 7 c900's in my fleet, there are three 3-doors and four 4-doors. Once this project is over, I'll start rebuilding one of the two strokes, then commence work on a 3-door :)

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ejenner said:
Is that another auto?

Are you the same chap who has a restored 900 CD with 9000 aero seats or am I thinking of someone else?
Yes, it is "another" auto. The chap with the 900 CD is a different person who goes by the nickname "Denmaster" on this forum, also another Saab fleet-owner.

Cheers :)

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
After looking through various pictures of c900s in the web, dad and me decided to have the Saab painted in "Toyota Forrest Green", code 8266. Pictures of the Saab after the paint job :

Doors painted, even on the insides. All door seals were removed to allow proper painting. The chap in the yellow shirt is the painter, still doing some work inside.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
wow! That's really impressive that you had the car repainted completely inside the doors like that without stripping out the interior, your painter man must be damned good at his job!

how much did that fine looking respray cost you if you don't mind my asking?

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
VikingSpirit said:
wow! That's really impressive that you had the car repainted completely inside the doors like that without stripping out the interior, your painter man must be damned good at his job!

how much did that fine looking respray cost you if you don't mind my asking?
The interior was partially stripped. The complete respray of the car cost me an equivalent of GBP 300. Not the best paint job, but I am satisfied with the results :)

Here are some pics of the meticulously painted engine bay.

·
Registered
18,382 Posts
For that much I think I should ship my car to Malaysia and get it painted too :p

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
woywitka said:
dude gorgeous! Colour is fantastic!-Clean non rusty car, very very nice. Can't wait to see the finished product.
Thanks ! There was some rust on the floorboard, but that has been fixed as well before the respray.

900t said:
For that much I think I should ship my car to Malaysia and get it painted too :p
How much does it cost to paint a c900 in the US / UK ?

1 - 20 of 271 Posts