SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I am a proud owner of 3 c900's and now I am buying a '97 ng900 to add to the collection. It looks great from the pictures but is not running. I am going to pick it up this weekend and diagnose it. I was just wondering what are common issues that happen to ng900. I am just curious to know what i may be getting myself into. All info is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
12,355 Posts
As far as not running, goes it at least crank over? If it cranks over, suspect the fuel pump and DIC. You can test the fuel pump by spraying some starting fluid (if they even sell that in Texas) into the throttle body. If it starts for a few seconds then stops, it's probably the fuel pump. The easiest way to test the DIC is to have a known good spare. I've got a couple that I rotate in for a few months at a time.

The weak points on a '97 are the clutch cable ($65.00 part), the alternator (hard to change), the electrical part of the ignition key assembly, the security key fobs (make sure that you get two working fobs), the suspension parts, missing pixels in the SID and ACC - to name a few... Ron

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I appreciate the info. I will definitely go down there with my code scanner, starter fluid and few other tools. As far as the security key fobs, how can I check them. I know most alarm systems knock out fuel or ignition when they go bad. Any bypasses that can be done?

ps. what do you mean missing pixels in the sid and acc?

·
Registered
12,355 Posts
The SID and ACC can loose either vertical or horizontal "bits." It it's just one or two, it's no big deal but it can be so bad that you can't even read the intended message. When you see the displays and can't read them, you will see what I mean... Ron

1 - 4 of 4 Posts