SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,529 Posts
Could be the basis of a LeMons car... :)

·
Registered
5,441 Posts
That is pretty cool.

The wife would not be happy if this showed up ....

·
Registered
5,905 Posts
Lol,

Mom lives in Cortland county and is also not happy that it showed up. :lol:

I have been working on getting a title, I have found out a lot of interesting things about this specific car. #211 Served 19 years with Massport at Boston Logan, and then was loaned for a year or 2 at Albany Airport.

Attachments

·
SC's resident English and idiom expert
696 Posts
Lol,

Mom lives in Cortland county and is also not happy that it showed up. :lol:

I have been working on getting a title, I have found out a lot of interesting things about this specific car. #211 Served 19 years with Massport at Boston Logan, and then was loaned for a year or 2 at Albany Airport.
So cool that you saved it! Keep us posted on what you do with it. ;ol;

·
Registered
5,905 Posts
Well the dmv light told me I have to go to a full service dmv with an affidavit of ownership to try and get a title granted. So that is where I am. Ultimate goal is to toodle around in it, what with it's 5 gallon gastank and all.

·
Registered
17,377 Posts
Cool. Are you going to preserve it as a friction tester or return it to normalcy?

I could see a Saab/ca museum being interested in it restored and as a friction tester, but that wouldn't be as much fun for you.

·
Registered
5,905 Posts
Cool. Are you going to preserve it as a friction tester or return it to normalcy?

I could see a Saab/ca museum being interested in it restored and as a friction tester, but that wouldn't be as much fun for you.

I am trying to restore/preserve as an SFT. The world has enough Normal saabs!

I was able to get a nice test wheel for it the other week. The hardest thing has been trying to find any old photos of it's 19 years at BOS.

Last night I bypassed the hydrolic control for the rear test arm. The 2 lines that travel from the solenoid to the rear travel inside the pass compartment and have rusted enough to have spoiled the inside with a lot of power steering fluid. The plus side to this is the pass side floorpans are not rusted.

The car has a long road ahead of it, but I will have it at the Scandinavian Import show in Rockville on Sat.

·
Registered
5,905 Posts
So far I have been able to fit the whelen edge mini and do some minor upgrades to it.

I have found a local c900 I can cut the floors out of and should have the car up to the body shop end of Jan. The car does need a radiator, I have not been able to work around that.

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
If possible, it would be nice to keep it as a friction tester and almost a museum piece. If you replace the floor, then it will be like any other old 900.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Maybe drive it as a 2 seater for a few years then donate it to the new Saab Heritage Museum in South Dakota, if they will take it. Either that or a local county museum but they may be more likely to scrap it if they need the space later.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts