SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was reading that a B204 - T5 head flows better than a B202 and that a T7 head is even more impressive. I have seen pictures and a writeup that shows a T5 head fits with minor work on the chain cavity side. What about a T7? I read about all these sludged T7s and hope that I can get my hands on a T7 head cheaply. These appear to be the same, as far as bolt up, as a T5. What will I need to use for an intake? I am starting with a 2.1L intake and was going to match the ports. Anyone looked at this? The EPC is not too clear to me. Do I need a 2.0l or will a 2.3L work just as well?

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
there was a set of recent threads about this, search on it, you will find just about ALL the info on these swaps. it's not quite as "easy" as it outwardly appears especially if you want to keep your AC, but it does seem like a very good mod.

·
Registered
219 Posts
KeithG said:
I was reading that a B204 - T5 head flows better than a B202 and that a T7 head is even more impressive. I have seen pictures and a writeup that shows a T5 head fits with minor work on the chain cavity side. What about a T7? I read about all these sludged T7s and hope that I can get my hands on a T7 head cheaply. These appear to be the same, as far as bolt up, as a T5. What will I need to use for an intake? I am starting with a 2.1L intake and was going to match the ports. Anyone looked at this? The EPC is not too clear to me. Do I need a 2.0l or will a 2.3L work just as well?
What is a B204 ?

Its my understanding that you are talking about a gas powered 2.0 L engine with 4 cam shafts.

The B indicates it runs on petrol the next two numbers are the displacement, and the last number is the number of cam shafts.

B201- gas 2.0L with one cam (8 valves)

B202- gas 2.0L with two cams (16 valves)

B212- gas 2.1L with two cams (16 valves)

B232- gas 2.3L with two cams (16 Valves)

B204- ? A mistake?

maybe I'm wrong

·
Registered
2,879 Posts
The 9k aero-engine is called B234R, så the one about camshaft doesn't stick...

Daniel.

·
Saab Mad
3,053 Posts
The B204 and B234 are named that way because they have 4 shafts (2 camshafts and 2 balancer shafts) besides the crankshaft of course.

They were the last two engines where the "number of shafts" rule was still valid, the B235 and B237 broke that rule.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts