SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
I'm back again with another exciting saga!
Out of nowhere a couple weeks ago, I turned on my 1992 Saab C900 and the passenger window wanted to go down automatically. I can hold the switch in the UP position and get the window to go up, and then turn the car off so that it stays up. Otherwise, I have taken the switch pack out of the car to avoid burning issues and having to deal with the phantom window...
I am experienced with taking the pack apart to clean it and I have now done so twice to no avail. I am assuming that this may be a deeper issue than that Auto Down "Tang" that makes the window go down in one push.

Any ideas I can check before potentially cutting the tang first and then ordering a new switch pack altogether? Being that this all started out of nowhere, I lean towards there being some sort of internal short in the switch pack, but on first glance it looks clean.

Thanks
JRi

·
Registered
13,277 Posts
Swap the one-touch relays under the back seat, see if the problem moves too.
The window motors have a thermal overload swich that shuts the motor off if it overheats (sticks 'On'), It works again after cooling off.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Where do these one touch relays under the back seat reside? I do not see them on the fuse/relay block there, just the fuses for them. I have seen the relays on the actual switch pack but those are soldered into the switch pack circuit

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
And for the record, the passenger side relay on the switch pack will release when unplugged but snaps closed and engages window down when I plug the pack in…

·
Registered
449 Posts
As a last resort, you can remove the auto down electronics of your switch pack and solder in some new wires. I've done this for 2 of my cars:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
As a last resort, you can remove the auto down electronics of your switch pack and solder in some new wires. I've done this for 2 of my cars:
Ok thanks
Question: does the circuit board just pop out of the switch pack? I was having some trouble figuring that out and didn't want to break anything

Thanks
JRi

1 - 8 of 8 Posts