SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Probably a dumb question, but i have a 92 turbo and the antenna isn't going up. I don't hear the motor turning, and I have power to the red wire at the antenna all the time, and power to the green (signal?) wire when the radio is turned on. I have no motor movement (or attempted movement). Is there supposed to be a ground wire on this thing somewhere or is it just grounded through the mounting bolts?

I'm assuming the antenna motor (or internal wiring) is bad, but I bought the car used and it's always had this problem so I just wanted to verify there isn't a missing ground wire.

Thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just replaced my '87 900 antenna with a nos 1 from a 9000 (just had to put in a makeshift bracket & bypass the connection adapters) Anyway you should just have the red & green wires...odds are the motor is shot

·
Registered
6 Posts
PS. currently a few listed on Ebay if u find the motor is indeed shot & are looking for a replacement. If you go with a replacement don't worry about the bracket you can rig something up to work if need be...same with the connections...I just got some some male/female crimp connectors to tie mine in...my 9000 antenna replacement works perfect on my 900

·
Registered
7,077 Posts
There is also a black wire. It typically is grounded to the body, but if it's damaged or missing the antenna won't work.

You can trigger the antenna with 12v to both red & green wires, and ground to the black wire. If that doesn't work, the motor is probably shot.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, it was indeed the black ground wire that was loose. Was chafed through and floating in space.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts