SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any recommendations with regards to rear speakers to go in the standard positions? Cheers all.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I replaced mine recently with 6x9 speakers but had to make some adapters for them to fit in the original positions.From what I can see you will struggle to get anything bigger than 4" square speakers to fit with out some sort of modification.

I did fit some JBL 4" speakers in the front at the same time and the sound quality is really good

·
Registered
954 Posts
your best bet is to get a nice pair of speakers in the front and get some decent ones for the back. No matter what they wont be that loud or sound that good. 4x10's are not that good

·
Registered
5,779 Posts
I have some decent kenwoods back there, but they really are just a bad size of speaker to have. Ideally, I'd find some way to fit round or 6x9's in there.

·
Registered
591 Posts
ok, if u dont want 6x9's then I got some Sony 10cm speakers.

They fit in the front and back and sound amazing.. I have put them in 3 of my cars..

they are about 30 quid for a pair.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Im sure you can find some really expensive 4x10's but the fronts I have seen drowns out the backs. unless you want to fade the fronts down and have them equal, but it will be very quite sound. I need to get some new back speakers.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Apparently the Audiobahn 4x10 speakers are quite good for the money. They are on ebay fairly often.

I always find I have slightly fade to the rear no matter what deck in used on the C900 3dr as well. odd!

·
Registered
954 Posts
Ive got some really nice boston acoustic speakers in the front, and they do the job nicely. I kinda like the sound up top, as apposed to in the doors because it sounds more acurate to me. I need to get some new back speakers too. will check out those autobahn's you speak of

·
Registered
139 Posts
I recently got a pair of Pioneer 4x10's, 35wrms for $35 (inc. shipping). I'm partial to Pioneer I suppose, my other car is all Pioneer (for now...might not be once I finially switch full-time...).
Been too cold since I got 'em and I've had other things to deal with so I dunno how they sound. Wish I could easially have gotten 1 of the pairs of 6x9's I had in there, looked like to much work to me.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Alpine speakers

Hi!

I just got a pair of 4x10 Alpine model SPS-10C2 for 80 AUS bucks for the front dash.

I have to say that the stock saab speakers are much much better. They sound good, have good bass. These new alpine ones sound too much high quality and have no bass.

I would leave the front ones be. Just put something good in the back.

Mati

1 - 10 of 10 Posts