SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello
the PO of our 89 900 vert put cheap LED fog lights on

i'd like to put it back to OE style. However i'm not sure what is supposed to be on the car. I've seen a couple different versions out there. ones with screw holes in the sides of the clear lens to attach to the housing and some that have no screw holes in the lens. maybe they changed from year to year? maybe what i'm looking at is wrong?

and what do the mounting points look like. seems to be some differences there as well.

Thank you.

·
Registered
5,883 Posts
By '89 the factory fog lights were Bosch Pilot. In the earlier years there was another option.. I believe Ushio.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it appears we still make Bosch Pilot lights. Ordered a pair. lowest prices out of Lavia but found a set out of CN for a bit less than ammazoon.

now if I can find a pair of SAAB or even Bosch covers that seems to be a challange. I"ve seen some SAAB ones a while back. the Bosch covers are high $$

·
Registered
5,883 Posts
Yeah, those covers went out of production a long time ago. Since the basic two functions of the covers are to fall off onto the road or get melted when they don't, they are hard to find.

·
Registered
12,876 Posts
At the Dealers in the Northeast, we used to call the fog lights, with or without covers, 'electric snowplows'.
The lights are always adjusted to fit the concrete stops in parking spaces.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
right looks like they do sit pretty low. I cannot remember what my 1983 900T had if OE or aftermarket but i know it had something. I don't think we have any pictures of 83 900 certainly not of the front view.

got the lights in. FYI Bosch PN is 0 306 407 001

they look good. they say "made in Sweden" on the lights and the boxes. Just need to dig in and see how bad the PO goobered up the wires with the junky LED lights. new lights came with no wire harness. looks like i need to take them appart and wire and put the bulbs in.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts