SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought since it couldnt be anything serious because I'm not feeling anything wrong with the idle or general performance I started by reading code, P0455 (evap leak), went to local auto parts store and got an aftermarket fuel cap, snapped in on and drove it to California for a weekend. When I got there the C.E.L. came back on, at this time I began searching for broke lines, replaced the purge control valve, etc and only found a slight crack (not broken through) in a small hose running just to the right of the oil dip stick, which I also replaced. After a while, I got so frustrated I went back to the dealership in Palm Springs and got a FACTORY fuel cap (apparently the last one on the planet since SAAB went down). Snapped that one on and threw the aftermarkt one away....guess what happened, I reset the code and that fixed the issue. Something you can take away from my long story is DONT USE AFTERMARKET FUEL CAPS ON YOUR SAAB!

·
Registered
5,873 Posts
Good comments here and you certainly replaced all the pertinent parts. And yes only use OEM parts when you can.
If a gas cap is spec'd to for 1, 2, or 3 clicks aftermarket generic probably won't work properly.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts