SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having carried out an engine swap on my LPT with a Carlsson inc apc etc, i now get a strange humming or gentle buzz (in addition to the usual slight buzz of the fuel pump) from the rear N/S (left) of the car when under acceleration.

When I change gear (ie engage clutch and therefore engine load drops) the noise stops, only to start again when accelerating through the next gear.

I think that this may be due to the fuel pump having a greater demand being plaved on it following the FPT conversion, but wanted to consult the Fountain of Knowledge that is the SC Forum

Am I way off the mark?
G

·
Banned
5,841 Posts
I have that problem with my clutch relise bearing, its a chattering sound, like lets of steel bangles, it tends to come from the front and can be heared driving with the windows down and close to cars or walls.

Let somebody drive your car and you can localize the sound.

Works for me.

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Its definately not the clutch release bearing, as when the engine was replaced with a Carly, the release bearing was replaced with brand new........ The noise is definately coming from the rear, and its only when the car is under heavy load - ie, pulling away from lights, overtaking, or generally "testing" the wonders of my newly installed APC system

Sorry for the confusion about the clutch - i was just trying state that if the engine is under load (accelerating) then load reduces (changing gear), the noise stops, only to return when you out your foot back down

Cheers
G

1 - 7 of 7 Posts