SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Every once in a while i hear a buzzing noise or some kind of feedback coming from the back somewhere, its hard to pin point because im driving when it happens. At first i thought it was the speakers, because when it made the sound the radio was on. But i had the radio off and the sound came back what could it be?

·
Registered
98 Posts
If it is intermittent speaker noise, push in & out on the rear seat center console mounted radio controls, & it’s faceplate area etc. So far we can control our buzzing flare ups which seem mostly in LH rear speaker by just touching the areas a little and some how it goes away. It is a known issue some say with that rear control head in the console and/or some say shielding missing or frayed under console and/or seats. I also read somewhere too that it doesn’t help that the seat folded up position presses against it all too. Here are a couple areas which you can read some about it.

http://forums.trailvoy.com/showthread.php?t=82591#post1039788

http://forums.trailvoy.com/showthread.php?t=82591#post1040245

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If it is intermittent speaker noise, push in & out on the rear seat center console mounted radio controls, & it’s faceplate area etc. So far we can control our buzzing flare ups which seem mostly in LH rear speaker by just touching the areas a little and some how it goes away. It is a known issue some say with that rear control head in the console and/or some say shielding missing or frayed under console and/or seats. I also read somewhere too that it doesn’t help that the seat folded up position presses against it all too. Here are a couple areas which you can read some about it.

http://forums.trailvoy.com/showthread.php?t=82591#post1039788

http://forums.trailvoy.com/showthread.php?t=82591#post1040245
The crazy thing about it is the radio wasnt on, each time i opened the door the buzz sound was there if i closed the door it went away, seems like it was coming from underneath the rear seat itself.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
there is an air compressor under there you know that ?
Its not the compressor i know that sound, when it happens again ill see if its coming from the speaker in the back. BTW the compressor is all the way in the back by the bumper.

·
Registered
72 Posts
BTW the compressor is all the way in the back by the bumper.
Right ... it's actually in the rear passenger-side stow compartment.

But as relates to your issue, it's emanating from the rear passenger compartment (i.e. the back seat area) ... it that correct?

Can you determine if it's coming from the driver's or passenger side?

Is it a "buzz" as in electricity or could it be a "vibration"?

Have you flipped the rear seat bottoms up to see if you can determine anything?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Right ... it's actually in the rear passenger-side stow compartment.

But as relates to your issue, it's emanating from the rear passenger compartment (i.e. the back seat area) ... it that correct?

Can you determine if it's coming from the driver's or passenger side?

Is it a "buzz" as in electricity or could it be a "vibration"?

Have you flipped the rear seat bottoms up to see if you can determine anything?
Not yet when it happens again ill go in the back and try to determine where its coming from.

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
Have someone sit where they can move around to isolate where the sound is.

My buzz that became a Huey like flutter was only occasional and depended on speed and wind and changed when you turned.

It was the rubber strip on the roof rack bar coming loose. But, it took a second person to isolate it since when you are driving .... multi-tasking to locate a "buzz" when you are solo may end up in one huge noise.

Good luck.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Have someone sit where they can move around to isolate where the sound is.

My buzz that became a Huey like flutter was only occasional and depended on speed and wind and changed when you turned.

It was the rubber strip on the roof rack bar coming loose. But, it took a second person to isolate it since when you are driving .... multi-tasking to locate a "buzz" when you are solo may end up in one huge noise.

Good luck.
The buzz noise on my issue was coming from the rear speaker, and when it happens and i bang on the center console it stops, so its a bad rear unit must have a short in it somewhere. Maybe when the rear seat was pushed forward it hit the face to hard.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts