SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yeah, that's right. Very strange indeed. It only happens when I'm in 5th going from 50-60mph. I thought it was my cupholder, but nope, it turns out to be my shift knob. After 4 months of annoying buzzing, I find out it's the damn shift knob. God, I'm an idiot. ;oops: :eek:

So what could I do to make it shut up? It's quite annoying.

Thanks. Also, could the 9-3ss shift knob fit the 9-5's?

Thanks again.

:D

G

·
Strangely mine buzzes also. I know mine is because it is not fixed tightly to the gear shaft.

Try putting your hand on it when it buzzes. If this cures it you may have to re glue the thing back on. ;)

·
Registered
423 Posts
I just had the same thing fixed. Here on my work order is the following information, not sure what it means though:

Customer states rattle in stick shift/buzzes
SS11 NPF

Not really sure what they did, because it still rattles :roll:

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
When I put my hand on it, it stops rattling. I hear it's a real pain in the *** to take off the shift knob, so maybe I'll just see what the dealer does. Will the 9-3ss shift knob fit?

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
I showed this thread to my wife, and she wants one................that buzzes :eek:

·
Registered
11,030 Posts
cryptical said:
I just had the same thing fixed. Here on my work order is the following information, not sure what it means though:

Customer states rattle in stick shift/buzzes
SS11 NPF
Think the NPF stands for No Problem Found.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Kermit said:
Think the NPF stands for No Problem Found.
Heh...go figure. It was the warranty manager that found it while driving the car and testing my parking brake when it failing. He said "ouch...that's gotta be annoying! Let's get that fixed when you bring it in for the bumper."

G

·
When it comes to a trouble and strife you have to laugh or else you would go nuts.. I find them more frustrating than a poorly performing car..:lol:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts