SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
95 Aero. ACC system working perfectly well BUT there is a Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr sound emitting from behind the facia front vent along with a Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

I know this is not very helpful but aside from making an audio tape its the closest i can get.

The Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz, which is faint but still noticeable :evil: continues after the car is switched off.

I think the Brrrrrr is the fan/motor or both but the other ? are they conected? this was slight when i took possession of the car buts its getting louder and driving me nuts. No probs with heat/cold step up/down direction etc. just that noise

I am thinking of buying a new motor for the system, is it true that the actual fan and spindle are not replaced?

Any help compadres?

Punch

·
Registered
7,975 Posts
hi punch' the most common noise that could be the cause of your complaint is the temp sensor under the heated seat switches, it has a motor in side to suck cabin air over the sensor , this motor makes a noise when its worn. you could try prising off the front and cleaning out the dust, a vacumm cleaner set to blow is good for this, if it still makes the noise pull out the acc panel to gain access to the back of the sensor to remove it, then turn the sensor through 180 deg' and refit it, this is supposed to stop the noise but i have never tried it but this tip came from a good sorse. ;) ;)

good luck

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You are the man Boxman.

inspection lamp after work last night and small screwdrivers, removed as illustrated (its the top and bottom bayonet fittings that release for anybody else who tries fix ). bit of silver tape to show origional top side. Remove from facia, model brush to brush off all dust deposits (from 1995:roll: ) holding carefully and pointing down from motor, same model brush apply 3in1 oil to visible metal spindle.blow on blades to run oil down, re-oil. refitted turning 180degrees, remove tape. SILENCE:cheesy:

Might be a long term replacement part for next winter but a fantastic car is even better.

Cheers

Punch

1 - 5 of 5 Posts