SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Woohoo post number two. ;)

Anyway, I've got a couple problems (what Saab doesn't?)

I've got pictures to help describe.
In this first problem, there's a buzzing coming from a part under the hood, when the ignition is in the "ON" position, but the engine is not running. Not sure if it's normal or not.

It's the bit right in the center, "above" the headlamp adjuster knob.

And for the second problem, my guess is a bad fan bearing, but I can't be too sure.

It's the hole just to the right of the passenger seat warmer button. It sounds like a fan bearing is going out right behind that hole, since when I cover it with my finger, it sounds more muted. What's it for anyway?

I'm aware that the cigarette lighter isn't s'posed to be out. Two words for you: "Project Car"

And then, if someone is feeling any more generous, I'd like to talk to them about soft top issues. ;)

Thanks for the help in advance!

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
Don't know about the piece under the hood, but the interior part is the ACC temperature sensor. It makes noise when the fan bearings get dry.

Some people remove it, blow air over it, and put WD-40 or similar to lube the bearing. Some, like me, replace it.

·
Registered
411 Posts
I can help.

http://photo.platonoff.com/Auto/20070416.Saab_Trionic5_BPC_Dissection/ You might try just cleaning it first.

And the second problem is the interior temperature detector.

There is a small fan in there and a sensor on the end of two posts to sense the heat or coldness of the air that passes over it.

You can pull the unit out, pop it apart and clean the fan bearings with CRC or WD-40. But don't touch the sensor on the end or get any oil on it. It just won't work well if you do and may stop working completely.

Clean and lube the bearings for the fan and reinstall, being mindful of the sensor and it'll be quiet and working again.

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
I was gonna guess that was the APC valve, but it looks so different from my '82 C900T with the first-gen APC solenoid, that I didn't dare!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Update: ACC fan has been silenced. Thanks!

And I don't know if it's s'posed to make a buzzin' under the hood... It could be normal? Opinions?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No, it's when the ignition is in the on position, but the engine is not running.... if that's normal, cool. The boost seems to be working properly.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts