SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This won't be my first saab, I've owned 2 99' 9-3 hatch's and as much as I love the platform, it's time to upgrade, because I have been experiencing too many mechanical issues.

Knowing my 200k+ mile 9-3 was basically on the edge of failure, I knew it was time to search for a car. I found an 06' 9-5 SportCombi (I do like wagons) with only 116k miles, dang!
Runs and drives just fine, If I can get it for a decent price I think I might as well give the 9-5 platform a try

Let me know what you think!

·
Registered
8,157 Posts
Check the suspension, especially the back. The back can sag and/or develop excessive camber issues. Look for the car sitting quite low over the rear wheel, and for any funny wear on the inside of the tires. Unless there's a whole history of service to the suspension, I'd expect the car would need replacement of bushings and maybe shocks/struts.

I'd check the headlights for effectiveness, some of these Dame Ednas seem to have really poor lighting at night.

The interiors of the later 9-5s can be pretty flimsy, but if you're happy with the car, that's not an issue.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Check the suspension, especially the back. The back can sag and/or develop excessive camber issues. Look for the car sitting quite low over the rear wheel, and for any funny wear on the inside of the tires.
You can bring a tape measure and check ride height. Hook the tab on the end of the tape measure under the lip at bottom-dead-center of the wheel and measure up to the metal of the fender. Factory spec for that measurement is 610 for an aero/sport suspension, and 620 for standard suspension.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts