SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went looking at a 1996 9000 Aero with my dad today and I have a few questions. I don't know much about the 9000 so I could use some advice.

1) What wheels did the 96 Aero come with. It had the directional 3 spoke wheels. Is that right? I was expecting to see Aero or Super Aero Wheels.

2) What parts of the car make it an Aero? What should I look for?

3) Is boost limited in 1st and 2nd Gear? What is the stock boost pressure?

4) What fuel economy should I expect?

5) I'll take a look at the performance section, but what performance mods are cheap and net the biggest power gains?

5.1) Is the turbo that tiny, or was I just wearing the wrong set of glasses?

6) What should I expect to pay for an Aero in good contion, that maybe has a few problems but over all is a solid driving car?

·
Registered
658 Posts
the sites saabken listed pretty much cover things-----compaired to a normal 9k (cd-cse) almost everything is different..body (front and rear fascias wrap around to wheel openings-rockers are body color) suspension (lower stance-bigger wheels) interior (full recaro leather) engine (more boost 18 vs 8 lbs) it should have super aero wheels...i'm getting 27-30 mpg hwy. (of course depending how you drive) ...boost is noticed more in the first 3 gears but does boost in all....market is hard depending on how clean she is stay away from rust everything else can be fixed normal range $4000-$7000...oh walk away from rust...good luck

1 - 3 of 3 Posts