SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks. I am looking to buy a 2002 linear with about 17000 miles and a manual trans. The car is still under warranty, so I have a margin of safety with any problems that turn up. I am wondering, are there any crankcase ventilation issues that persist in this model year? Is there anything else I should look for as a problem or warranty repair issue?

·
Registered
11,030 Posts
Just check its had regular oil changes, it may only have 17k miles but its 3 years old so should have at least 3 oil changes under its belt. You can also check the PCV pipework under the plastic engine shroud. Inside check the SID (Saab Information Display) and ACC (Automatic Climate Control) panels for missing pixels, these are a known weak spot and will be replaced under warranty if faulty. Take it for a long test drive to make sure there are no overheating issues, and try an emergency stop on a quiet road to make sure the brakes don't pull to either side.

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
i also have the same model. and same manual transmission deal. It's just that i got mine with 40,000 miles on it.
but about the faulty pixels, how do i get it replaced? Because there is one corner that is missing. Do i go to a saab dealership, and get it replaced there for free?

thanks again
~Mike

·
Registered
11,030 Posts
If your car is under warranty then a main dealer should change any SID or ACC panel with pixels missing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts