SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, time to buy a new direct ignition for my 9-3. I read on here a lot that when buying a DIC it's really a better idea to get the SAAB OEM unit. eeuroparts.com sells one from "Professional Parts Sweden." This item is about $150 less than the OEM..TEMPTING...buut anybody know anything about this particular brand? Is it really Swedish, or is it Chinese junk?

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, after I posted this I found a long discussion that covered over a year of experiences with OEM versus aftermarket I believe I am convinced.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
you can get it at RA, the wells unit. comes thru as SEM, oem. for about $150

·
Registered
10,952 Posts
RA is RockAuto, one of the biggest online parts stores.
Wells is an aftermarket parts company, and the DI Cassette that RockAuto sells is sold as a Wells brand part.
SEM is the Swedish company that makes DI Cassettes for Saab.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I keep a spare oem dic in the trunk it's the one that was in the car when I bought it I changed it because I had a check engine light replaced it with a after market and it failed on me sent it back and the next one fail finally broke down and ordered a oem unit from eeuroparts.Com and it's been good for over a yr I kept the original because every time the after market one failed I would put it in and it worked great but then the engine light would turn on

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah I got a good used one for now, need to get a new one and put this used one in the trunk.

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
RA is RockAuto, one of the biggest online parts stores.
Wells is an aftermarket parts company, and the DI Cassette that RockAuto sells is sold as a Wells brand part.
SEM is the Swedish company that makes DI Cassettes for Saab.
Might be listed as Airtex-Wells on some sites. Regardless, it is the authentic OEM part made by the same supplier to Saab.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So wait, Rock Auto is selling the real OEM SAAB factory part for only $150 compared to $350-$400? not trying to be dense here just seems too good to be true.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
gotta love it, currently out of stock but put your name on the list and they will tell you when they come in , order fast because they go quick. Rockauto just need to order more at a time than 6.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Looking right now they list mine at $173 - Beck arnley. Appears to be available? Hmm picture shows it ALL black, OEM is black over unpainted metal, seems suspicious...

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
So wait, Rock Auto is selling the real OEM SAAB factory part for only $150 compared to $350-$400? not trying to be dense here just seems too good to be true.
Yup. It even has the SAAB name and part number on the SEM label just like the ones sold by your Dealer - if you still have a Dealer.

·
Registered
269 Posts
I understand that Advance Auto also stocks and ships the SEM DIC's. With coupon you could easily get it at $160. Keep your used OEM in the trunk with a torx driver. If the AA part fails swap them and take it to AA for a swap.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.