SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It appears mine is shot, so I'm trying to get the best deal I can. A new OEM one listed for a 9-5 SE 1999 is about $300+ from what I can see. Do the 9-5 4cyl and 9-3s use the same blower motor or is the blower motor used in the 9-5SE specific to that model? Thanks.

EDIT: Also, what are the odds the blower motor resistor is gone? Would that need to be replaced if I replace the blower motor?

·
Registered
22,211 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
I had mine replaced last summer, $300 is about right. However, check the phone book, if you can find someone that rewinds motors for the windshield wipers they can often do the blower motor also and would be around $50.

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
BrightSide said:
Here's the part number for the 1999 9-5SE V6 3.0L model: 5049085
I cant find anything with that number :eek:

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
FAN UNIT : Supercedes from: 5333539 OES 5049085 $382.86

I cant seem to cross match this with the 9-3, sorry ;oops:

·
Registered
302 Posts
when my blower motor went on my '99 9-5 i had to replace the resistor as well... although i'm one of the few people who has had to do that as far as i can tell from reading online etc

it came out around $900 for the blower motor ($500 parts/labor) and $350 for the resistor (used, parts/labor)

the resistor is around $400 new i think...

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So if I took a multimeter to the connections on the blower motor and they registered correctly, I shouldn't need to replace the resistor correct?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I found a used blower motor on car-part.com. Great listing database for all the junkyards in the US. Saved almost $200. I'll probably be switching it out this week, I'll document my progress and hopefully put together a tutorial.

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
BrightSide said:
I found a used blower motor on car-part.com. Great listing database for all the junkyards in the US. Saved almost $200. I'll probably be switching it out this week, I'll document my progress and hopefully put together a tutorial.
Excellent, thanks!;)

·
Registered
11,030 Posts
You might need a puller to get the wiper arms off. Apparently you need to be Superman to pull them off manually.:confused:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts