SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
This is my first post on here, but I hope there is more to come. I recently had an accident with my 2000 Nissan Maxima, so its time for me to get a new car. I've been looking around for couple weeks now, and I found a car that I think is going to satisfy me very well. The car is 2003 Saab 9-3 Arc 6spd manual, with 79k miles, and the price is $10500. Me and my dad are going to check the car out 2morrow after my classes, and hopefully if I like it I'll be driving it back home. NOw I need you guys to let me know about Saabs? I was born in europe (bosnia) and i know that European cars are AMAZING, I just need to confirm this with some of you. Here are some pictures of the car.

Let me know guys what you think of the car? also what should I look at it when I go there/test drive the car?
Thank you SO MUCH. and i have so many plans coming up for this car,
i'll post those later when I get the car so you guys can help me out also
Thanks again

Huso

·
Registered
2,467 Posts
It was the first year for the completely new model. Do a couple searches or just scan throught he posts for 2003 problems. Also remember that Saabs are expensive to repair unless you do it yourself. Even then parts are expensive.

I welcome you if you buy the car and at least you had the heads up.

·
Registered
248 Posts
same exact car i just recently bought (right down to the color!), except mines an auto.

i've had it for about 6 weeks now and i absolutely love it. did all sorts of research on potential problems and all, and in the end i pulled the trigger and so far i couldn't be happier.

mine had 44k miles on it, though we paid a good $3k more than you're going to there, and it was from a dealer. that's a really good price at $10.5k.

as long as you don't mind paying a bit more for service and dealing with the quirks of the car im sure you'll love it. make sure you give it a good test drive obviously, and good luck either way you decide :)

if you've got any specific questions i can try my best to answer them, or if i can't, hopefully direct you somehwere you can find the answer. i spent enormous amounts of time researching this car before i bought it.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Since it's an Arc, that means it is not one of the first production units and ought not to have the problems the very first cars in that year did. As long as it has had the scheduled service and has had the recall services performed, it should be fine. That it's a standard means you escape the problems that plagued the early models with automatics (though those should all be fixed by now.)

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
my advice, take it to a saab mechanic for a PPI, and make sure all warranty work has been completed. Make sure the mechanic runs the vin!

Good luck, you'll love it!

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
'03 arc owner here myself, to sum up why you should:

- that many miles.. all the bugs have been worked out. i wouldn't worry about it being a first year production model. like others have said, i've done my research.

- i've owned mine for about a year and 8k miles now (purchased it with ~22k at the time)

- for 10,500 .. you're getting a whole lot of car. i paid 15,700 for a 5spd auto (with sentronic or whatever, which is a lot of fun) so you're doing pretty well there.

enjoy!

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hey, thx a lot guys...I run the VIN number and it said that there were 0 problems.
Also the car had only one owner, and he's got all CARFAX information for me, since he took it to Saab Dealer to get all of his maintenance work done its all in the carfax papers. Other then that I found a lil lego toy in the back, under the seat, which tells me that it was a family car....a good thing of course. But looking from all the views this car is prbly gonna be sitting in my garage on tuesday...I just found out I have work 2morrow from 2pm-8pm :(, and I have class till 12 o'clock, so I won't be checking it out since hte car is 30miles away from me. But tuesday first thing after class 11am, I am going to look at it with my dad. Again, Thanks a lot guys for everything, i'll keep you updated.
Huso

·
Registered
5,873 Posts
Sounds like a good deal. Do get it checked out if possible unless you're getting it as a CPO.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts