SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a little tip o the day.
About a year ago I bought some lowering springs from Swedish Dynamics for my 1997 NG 900 for $349. A few weeks ago my wife tried to see if the Saab could fly (hit a large dip at about 85mph) After over 5K in damage, oil pan, bent wheels, rear axle, etc. I needed to replace the rear springs. So I went to SHOX.COM cool I found a pair of B&G springs for $218. How about this, they where the exact springs I bought from SD. The same color the same part number on the springs. What really pissed me was that SD has this very technical right up on there web site about how great there springs are with a progressive rate and factory like handeling. Here is a quote for there site "All of our springs are made of the finest German chromium silicon steel and feature a shot-peen process that eliminates “sag” common with other "performance" spring manufacturers after only a few years of use. The quality of our spring sets is such that we are able to offer a lifetime warranty with every set! We challenge our customers to find a comparable warranty extended by any coil spring manufacturer!

A typical customer concern with regard to a lowering/performance spring installation is that the car's tires will have more tendency to rub/chafe on the wheel wells due to the reduced clearances between them. Our springs are matched for Saab applications and although they will lower the car substantially, the spring rate is also dramatically increased, at the same time, making it much more resistant (than OEM spring) to movement per pound/ load applied. IE more force will need to be applied to the car's suspension to cause the spring to travel the same distance....making the closer tire/wheel well clearances completely reasonable for the increased rate of our Red Series springs.." The spring are great but they obviously just buy them from B&G and repackage them and charge an extra $150.:nono;

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Wow! 5K damage. Oil pan, bent wheels, springs, axle? Yikes.

How is your wife? Was she just shook-up?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts