SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know what the margin is for the Dealers to buy the car after a lease return. I.E. I can buy my car for 22k at the end of my lease. If I didn't choose to buy it what would the dealer pay for the car from GMAC if they choose to buy it & put on the pre-owned lot. Basically I want to know how much so I can shop different dealers in which to "return" my car to but save a little on buying out the car. After all GM can't eating all of the high residual values on the leases & sending the cars to Auction. Hey I love Saabs but we all know the resale isn't the greatest. Any Florida - Georgia Dealers who want to make a couple bucks while saving me a couple bucks drop me a line my lease is up in the summer.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Another thing to keep in mind is that these lease turn-ins can be a matter of negotiation. Make them an offer! If it's more than what they'll get from their dealer what deal do you think they'd take?

I had a Chrysler 300M years back and at the end of the lease I bought it for $2,500 less than the contract buy-out.

·
Registered
12,509 Posts
Good point made above, I had one lease where the salesguy I had gotten the truck from suggested to me that I make the Lease Manader a "reasonable offer" because the car was going to be shipped auction the day I turned it in. Sure enough, It was apparently lease turn in day at this Ford Dealer, a guy market my windshield with yellow crayon and drove the Ranger right on to a transporter, didn't even inspect it. they drove out two truckloads while we were checking out my next truck.

·
Registered
803 Posts
The thing about leasing is that if you choose to buy, you end up paying around sticker price. But if it gets returned to GMAC and sent to auction, the dealer pays a wholesale price for a used car. An '04 9-3 Arc with 30K on the clock would typically cost the dealer about $12,000 to $13,000 and would then sticker at about $18,000 plus the cost of the CPO inspection and all the repairs made that weren't covered under warranty.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts