SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The bushings seem to need replacing soon.. when I take turns I feel lack of stability on the front end. When vehicule is completly stoped and I do a hard right or hard left.. I feel little thumps from the front tires.. drivers fine on the driveway.

I called the dealership and they told me its 150 per side and about 1 hour per side.. At 92$ an hour where I live.. thats pretty much 250 per side + taxes..
And he said I need to do an allignment after to.. extra 70$

what a rip off.. he said its so much cause I can't just buy the bearing it comes with the whole control arm.. Is there anywhere on the internet where I can buy just the bushing?

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ouch never knew such a little part would cost so much.. I miss my old toyota tercel.. could replace the transmission for the price of installing 2 new bushings on my saab :lol:

·
Registered
5,000 Posts
If you see that part out of the car, it's not a cheap thing to build.... it's about the size of a baseball, weighs about a pound, and has a fancy cast & machined housing around it. It's probably a liquid-filled bushing as well. If you could get the bushing separately it would be a lot cheaper... but then you'd need a hydraulic press and special fixtures to remove and reinstall the bushing in the housing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts